Mar 8, 2009

Pizza

Pizza, something that welcome and popular all over the world. However, like noodles and sushi, the more common a food in a culture, the rarer and the more expensive you see it otherelse, at least people feel, like pizza.

In my home city, Chengdu, a huge city with 3.6 million people, has merely 10 or 20 pizza restaurants. We prefered one restaurant in the center, at the ground floor of a 34 floors huge building, it's called Gao Fei Pizza, a interesting name, meaning flying pizza. I'm hungry, I don't want a flying pizza, I just want a pizza lying on my table quietly.

A pizza cost from 48 RMB to 88 RMB. A 88 RMB (about 115 SEK) pizza is big, but still normally big. I and my girlfriend always ordered just a 48 RMB pizza, because although I ate a lot, she eats as little as a cat. A 50 SEK pizza in a restauant closing to Vildanden is quite huge and enough for two people, maybe for three or four little cats like my girlfriend.

Rice here in Sweden costs from 15 to 40 SEK per kg. In China it cost from 2 to 5 RMB. Considering how much a Swede earns and also a Chinese earns, rice is still expensive for us and cheap for them.

But obviously Chinese young people love pizza, although I do not. Suppose a pizza cost 20 SEK for one person (it will be resonable), I think the consumption per year could be double or treble or even more, we should make every Chinese eat at least one pizza every year, that means, 1.4 billion pizza, 28 billion SEK.

Cecilia, you must teach me how to make pizza! I want to share that 28 billion!

2 comments:

  1. How about I show you this week or weekend? I change blog - again. sorry. my new blog is:http://tolifromelly.blogspot.com/ I had to change, I'll tell you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look up good good eat!!!Good good study, come back make to us eat~~~~ (YongWen)

    ReplyDelete